|Making payments to BCSS|
Goods and Service Tax (GST)
BCSS is not registered for GST (our turnover is much less than RM500,000!), so we do not add GST to workshop registration fees and other charges. On the other hand, we cannot reclaim GST which suppliers charge us, so the tax is still paid.
Our bank account:
Details of the BCSS bank account are:
Account Holder: Pertubuhan Konservasi Biodiversiti Sarawak (this is BCSS's name in Malay).
Account Number: 511234012105
at Maybank Berhad, No 65-67, Lot 3179-3181, Block 10, Jalan Laksamana Cheng Ho, 93200 Kuching, Malaysia
SWIFT code (for international payments): MBBEMYKL.
Our registered address (used by the bank) is No. 4 Lorong Setia Raja 12A2, Taman Stutong Indah, 93550 Kuching, Sarawak.
(1) pay in the amount in Malaysian Ringgit through any branch of Maybank. Scan your receipt and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(2) pay by on-line bank transfer. Again send a copy of proof of payment to email@example.com.
Sending the receipt or proof of payment to us is important: all we see on our bank account is that money has come in, with no indication of who paid it in.
(3) send a cheque payable to Pertubuhan Konservasi Biodiversiti Sarawak by registered mail to BCSS, 7 Jalan Ridgeway, 93250 KUCHING, Malaysia.
(1) make an interbank transfer in US dollars to the above account. Your bank may recognise MALAYAN BANKING BERHAD in KUALA LUMPUR, and that works with the above account number and name. If you do this on-line, you may find that the recipient name field is too small for the full name, so just put in as much as you can: that seems to work.
Make sure your name is included in the details for the recipient.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the transfer, ie. a reference number or a scan of the receipt.
(2) purchase a DEMAND DRAFT or CASHIERS CHEQUE payable to Pertubuhan Konservasi Biodiversiti Sarawak and send by registered mail to BCSS, 7 Jalan Ridgeway, 93250 KUCHING, Malaysia.
Include a cover note with your name.
Page updated 11 December 2017 by Mike Meredith